A 510 connector from Germany? Why not? What the American and English engineers can do, the Germans can do too, of course.
A replica was out of the question, of course. Instead, many parts were successfully optimized and newly developed. Especially in the areas of "Volt Drop" and "seat strength" this has led to significant improvements.
The reduction of the Volt drop is achieved by two main measures. On the one hand, the entire plus pole is gold-plated. This includes the tube in the center core as well as the nut to which the (copper / silver) sheet metal is connected. On the other hand, the follower is flattened on one side. This means that the sheet metal no longer rests on just one point but has an area of 5.3 x 4mm.
The nut is held by means of an Allen grub screw. This makes it beqeum adjustable in height. The grub screw is located opposite the flattened side. When it is tightened, it pulls the flattened side, i.e. exactly where the main current flow takes place, tightly against the gold-plated tube. Another advantage against the Volt-Drop.
The thread of the 510 and the nut are designed as left-hand thread. This complicates the installation into the mod. But there is no danger of accidentally looseningthe connector.
The connector is available in silver and black. The black color was applied by PVD coating. It has a hardness greater than 2000HV, so nothing will scratch here. Furthermore the coating is electrically conductive. Between the nut and the top cap the coating was deliberately smudged to allow an even better current flow.
A silicone ring is incorporated in the center core. This is not absolutely necessary and serves more for double security.
The entire center core is pressed into the 510. So nothing can come loose in the long run.
- Center Core: Spring-loaded, spring without current-conducting function
- Material connector: 304L stainless steel
- Material insulation: PEEK, 9mm diameter
- Material nut: brass
- Material nut: brass, gold plated
- Nut contact surface: gold-plated, 5.3 x 4mm
- Evaporator bearing surface: gold-plated, 4mm diameter
- Grub screw nut: 1.5 Allen key
- Sealing ring: Silicone, 6 x 1 mm
- 1 x Squonker 510 connector
- 1 x nut for fastening
- 1 x nut for stop plate
- 1 x silicone ring (built into connector)
- 1 x Allen key for maggot screw
- Other components depending on the nut selected